This is where I live.
It’s plain and simple, but friendly and extremely easy to navigate. How I wish there was as wonderful a transit system in BC as they have here! Because as much as I wouldn’t mind just staying put here for a little while, it’s extremely simple to get pretty much anywhere you want to go by just hopping on a train.
But we’ll chat about that another time : )
1) The Bank
2) The main street for shopping and markets—this was taken pretty “late” at night (for a mainly-seniors community) which is why it is looking a bit deserted. Normally is pretty busy and entertaining!
3) Some boats in the harbour on their way to the North Sea
4) The mall (sooo nice, inside and out!)
5) Some sweet architecture—just not sure what is inside (yet)
6) Passageway from one mall to another over traffic
7) My very favourite cafe—don’t you think it has a Golden Girls feel to it? I always pretend to be Rose when I sit there (yes, Rose!!)
8) The Toy Shop I plan on visiting IF certain little Canadian children are good for their parents this summer (L, E, G, K, L, N and M, I especially mean you little monkeys!)
9) The beach! Okay, so it’s not Malibu but it’s mine.
10) My thinking place
11) The Bremerhaven branch of Chilliwack Alliance (not really, but I do plan on attending services here every Sunday at 10)
12) The pool where I am quickly becoming a regular! If that spot at the beach is my thinking place, then this is my happy place. It’s so nice!
13) Pretty self-explanatory
14) View from the balcony—about 2.5 minutes from the shopping centre and beach
So, there you have it, Bremerhaven in pictures. (happy, Mandy??) 😉
Still to come—a tour of the apartment, plus photo tours of Bremen and Hamburg (for now!).